Sync data to MailChimp
Set up a connection between subscriber segments in Subsail and MailChimp lists.
Set up a connection
It’s really easy to connect a Subsail segment to a MacilChimp list. First, sign in to MailChimp, which will make your lists show up in Subsail. Then, create a new connection, selecting a MailChimp list and a Subsail segment.
Subscriber data will be sent straight away after the connection has been created. Subscriber information will also be synced whenever their data changes within Subsail (eg: if they buy a new subscription or make a successful renewal).
Once the connection has been created, your segment’s subscriber data will be sent to MailChimp.
You can create as many Subsail segment-to-MailChimp list connections as you need.
When you add a new connection to MailChimp, you will be asked if you want Subsail to create special merge tags in your MailChimp list. These merge fields will receive extra information about each subscriber in your list, so you can make segments and send target campaigns from within MailChimp.
These merge fields are:
- Total subscriptions (“SUBS”, text field)
- Has active subscription (“ACTIVESUB”, Yes or No)
- Original source (“SOURCE”, text field)
- Marketing consent from Subsail (“MKCONSENT”, Yes or No)
- Issues in subscriptions (“SUBISSUES”, text field) — a list of issue numbers that this person has purchased as part of their subscriptions
- Unsent future subscription issues (“UNSENTFUT”, text field) — a list of issue numbers that have bought but not been sent
The last two fields contain numbers surrounded by quote marks, like
"10","11","12". As an example of how to use these fields in MailChimp segments,
Issues in subscriptions
"12" will find subscribers who have bought issue 12.
An example segment you can then create using these merge fields in MailChimp is a segment for all subscribers with active subscriptions: